In this section, the DMP should include a description of how data will be shared, including access procedures, embargo periods (if any), outline technical mechanisms for dissemination and necessary software and other tools for enabling re-use, and definition of whether access will be widely open or restricted to specific groups. In addition, the DMP should list the repository where data will be stored. [Horizon2020 Guidelines]
Questions to consider:
- How will potential users find out about your data?
- With whom will you share the data, and under what conditions?
- Will you share data via a repository, handle requests directly or use another mechanism?
- When will you make the data available?
- Will you pursue getting a persistent identifier for your data?
Guidance: Consider where, how, and to whom data with acknowledged long-term value should be made available. The methods used to share data will be dependent on a number of factors such as the type, size, complexity and sensitivity of data. If possible, mention earlier examples to show a track record of effective data sharing. Consider how people might acknowledge the reuse of your data.